Participation in positive activities is a protective factor in the prevention of delinquency. Such involvement can often help youth develop a positive peer group and provide the presence of a caring adult, also protective factors in the prevention of delinquency.
Our Outdoor Adventure Program incorporates fishing, canoeing, and bicycle outings and provides a number of benefits for youth:
- Fosters the development of life-long positive leisure activities
- Allows youth to experience small successes, which can lead to increased self-esteem
- Teaches important life skills such as cooperation and communication.
Individual memberships to recreation centers are also provided by the Foundation.
- Youth have a safe haven to have fun appropriately.
- Youth are involved in positive activities.
- Youth affiliate with a positive peer group.