Tidewater Youth Services Foundation
The TYS Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, established in 1991 to raise funds and find community resources to support a public agency, Tidewater Youth Services Commission, in its efforts to help at-risk and court involved youth grow into productive members of the community.
When youth walk through the doors of our public partner, they will have caring counselors. They will learn and practice new skills. Their families will receive guidance and support. But publicly funded programs can only go so far. With philanthropic support, we can do so much more and touch the lives of youth in ways not possible through state support alone.
With Community Support We Can:
- Offer remedial education programs and provide the tools needed for vocational exploration;
- Provide therapeutic recreation and positive activities, and expose children to the arts and cultural enrichment;
- Improve the physical environments of group homes;
- Support programming that would otherwise be eliminated or could not be developed due to a lack of, or loss of, public funding;
- Provide personal items for needy youth, including clothing, medication, toiletries;
- Help with family emergencies, including the loss of utilities or eviction, events that destabilize families and compound a child’s problems.
- Ensure that our public partner, Tidewater Youth Services Commission, has all the tools needed to help the youth it serves.